MedFast Urgent Care Centers provide DOT physical examinations. These examinations are crucial for commercial vehicle operators, legally and safety-wise. All of our medical examiners are licensed to perform these exams, and we pride ourselves on saving you time and money when undergoing your DOT physical examination. Our experienced staff and state-of-the-art facilities will perform your DOT physical so that you can be safe on the road at all times. You can contact us with further questions or to schedule your physical here or by calling us at 321-633-3278. There are certain items that will be helpful for you to have with you when you come in for your DOT physical examination. These items are helpful because your time is extremely valuable, especially since you are on the road for very long hours:
- Last MEC card
(An MEC card is your Medical Examination Certificate. If this is your first DOT physical, you will not have one yet.)
- Glasses if your vision requires a prescription
- Complete list of your medications and their dosages
In order to pass this the CDL DOT physical examination, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Need to have a blood sugar level that is 200 or below.
- Must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye, and in both eyes combined.
- Blood pressure must not be any higher than 140/90. The use of prescription medication to meet this requirement is permitted.
- If you have diabetes that is able to be controlled with diet or medication, you will be able to pass the DOT physical. If you have diabetes that s controlled with insulin, this will not be permitted
- Must not be using habit forming drugs, narcotics, or amphetamines.
- Must be able to detect a forced whisper that is a distance of at least 5 feet away.
- If you have any sort of cardiac problem, like heart failure, you are required to have passed a stress test and present a note from a physician staying that you have no driving restrictions.
- Must be able to discern colors found on road traffic signs and lights.